1918 Cellars Wine Tasting Room
Castle Farms has some exciting news… opening soon, the 1918 Cellars Wine Tasting Room at Castle Farms! We are excited to share this new offering for guests and event clients. Here is a preview of what’s to come:
The 1918 Cellars Wine Tasting Room will be located in the Queen’s Tavern of Castle Farms. The Tavern features a barn wood ceiling built in the 1960’s and a herringbone-pattern floor with tiles dating back to the original 1918 construction. Combined with the original stonework, these historical accents create a completely unique experience for wine tasting.
When visiting the Tasting Room, guests can sample from our new line of 1918 Cellars wine produced right here in Michigan. We have eight wines to choose from; any wine drinker will be sure to find selections that please the palette!
- Visionary – A sparkling wine with aromas of apples and pears, the title is a tribute to the past owners of the Castle whose visions brought the site to life, to the current owners who made the Castle what it is today, and to the future visionaries, whether they are explorers stopping along the way or couples saying their vows for their future.
- Birch Lake White – Named after our beautiful Birch Lake nestled among a birch tree forest, this white wine blend of all Michigan grapes presents a floral bouquet followed by vivid apple and pear flavors.
- Sauvignon Blanc – A classic example of this varietal, the sauvignon blanc features mineral tones with citrus notes.
- Chardonnay – This unique chardonnay gets its body from a two-year fermentation in French Oak. The rich toasted oak comes through smoothly on the nose and palette, with a touch of apple and a lush, long finish.
- Riesling – Michigan is known for producing excellent Rieslings, and this one is spot on! With aromas of stone fruits, our Riesling is sweet and crisp with a balanced acidity.
- Pinot Noir – Robust notes of cherry and vanilla greet you with our Pinot Noir. The soft tannins make it a truly pleasing pinot.
- Serenity Red – An all-Michigan Blend, Serenity Red is as peaceful to drink as the garden it was named after. Soft bramble fruits and a smooth finish make this a staff favorite.
- Stonemason – This bold Merlot and Syrah blend is named in homage to the builders of Castle Farms, who placed each rock almost 100 years ago. Strong yet smooth, this wine holds its own with any meal.
The grand opening of the 1918 Cellars Wine Tasting Room will take place in May 2018. Stay tuned, and begin planning your visit to Castle Farms!