In the “Do It Yourself (“DIY”) Weddings!” post, a chalkboard seating card display was shown. Creating a chalkboard seating display is quite simple and adds a great aspect to your reception. Interested? Follow the steps below and you’ll be on your way to your own unique seating card display.
- Find a wood board (try your local hardware or lumber yard) or something with a smooth surface.
- Purchase chalkboard paint or spray paint from your local hardware or craft shop.
- Prep the surface of your seating card display by making sure all dirt or dust is wiped clean.
- Paint or spray paint your seating card surface. Make sure you apply a nice even coat throughout.
- If you wish, add a second coat for more luster.
- Make your seating card display unique! It’s easy to do simply by adding a cool vintage picture frame around the edge, or including molding on the outside to give the appearance of a frame. Even just a piece of wood can be cut into a cool and distinctive shape.
- Use chalk to write guests’ names on the seating card display. You can do this in two ways. Either write the table number with the guests’ name at each table, or list them alphabetically with the table number displayed beside each name.
When it comes to creating your own seating card display, the options are endless. Best of all, the savings can really add up, since most of the items used in making a seating card display can be found at garage sales and thrift stores. Extra cash in your pocket = more to spend on the honeymoon!