The Castle offers a stunning environment for every style and size of wedding. From elegant garden rooms filled with light to regal stone-featured rooms with arched cathedral windows, each option presents a myriad of opportunities to express your own unique style. With the flexibility offered to choose your own vendors, ultimate control is maintained over your wedding style and budget. View our photo gallery!
Included Items, Services and Staffing
- Ceremony Location: Hosted outdoors between May and October and indoors between November and April, we pair our stunning ceremony locations with our reception rooms to ensure your guests have the most picturesque and enjoyable experience.
- Reception Room:With heating and air condition in every reception room, our historic venues offer the perfect combination of a memorable experience while enjoying all the comforts of modern amenities.
- Gardens and Courtyards:The King’s Great Hall features two balconies overlooking garden areas whereas the Knight’s Castle, West Garden Room and East Garden Room feature main-level grass courtyards perfect for lawn-games! You and your wedding party also have access to all of our photo opportunity areas.
- Venue Coordinator: Your designated Venue Coordinator will start reviewing your wedding plans with you 2 months from your big day. This person will become your go-to Castle team member for all of your venue needs, along with becoming the communication hub for all of your vendors to provide an effortless flow for your wedding day.
- Assistant Venue Coordinator: Your go-to Castle team member for anything that may come up throughout the evening of your wedding. They will make sure your bathrooms stay stocked, the room temperature stays comfortable and make sure that all of your vendors needs are taken care of.
- Inclement Weather Ceremony Location: With understanding for northern Michigan weather often surprising us, we include a sheltered location for your ceremony. The location varies based on your reservation details. A decision is not needed until 2 hours prior to your ceremony start time and allows you to relax while Mother Nature works out her plans.
- Private Dressing Room: This is a code-locked lounge with access granted two hours before the ceremony. The large vanity mirror(s), mini refrigerator and comfortable seating make this the perfect spot to get dressed, regroup before the ceremony begins and maybe even share a bottle of 1918 Cellars bubbly to break those nerves!
- Services: Rehearsal with Venue Coordinator, set-up and tear-down of castle-provided items/services, cleaning before and after event, sound system with lapel and hand-held microphone for ceremony (run by Assistant Venue Coordinator).
- Furniture: White resin chairs for ceremony and reception, five-foot-round guest tables for reception, banquet tables for assorted needs (gift/appetizers/buffet/seating assignment table, etc.), easels (2), podium for guest book or ceremony reading, high-top tables for cocktail hour (3), stage for band or disc jockey, dance floor, unity ceremony table. View photos of these items here.
- Decor: white table linens, table number and holders, decorative candelabra with candles (2), hanging baskets for archways (1 or 3), candle holder with led candle centerpiece (style varies by room choice).View photos of these items here.
Although not reservable through Castle Farms, the following services (and more) are easily found by visiting our Preferred Service Providers list:
- Bartending (Must be licensed and insured)
- Beer and Liquor (Wine is required to be purchased through our in-house private label of wine, 1918 Cellars)
- Cake Designers
- Catering (Must be licensed and insured)
- Chair Upgrades
- Health and Beauty