An experience for this history books!
Castle Farms is one of Northern Michigan’s hidden gems, and we’d love for you to discover it! There is so much to see and do, but here are just a few:
- Michigan’s largest outdoor model railroad with over 2,500ft of track (May-October, weather permitting)
- World War I Museum full of photos, documents and toys from the Great War era
- Private collections including royal, wedding, and other memorabilia (century old items!)
- Extensive gardens and paths- take a stroll!
- Nearly 100 years of history to share
We’ll get you started with a history video covering the Castle’s 4 unique owners and their visions for the property, the extensive restoration, and finally a little of what you’ll see. Wander at your own pace on a self-guided tour, fun for all ages. Play tag in our hedge maze, feed the native Rainbow Trout in the Reflection Pond, have a picnic lunch at Birch Lake or explore the wood-chip paths of the Enchanted Forest.
Looking for more? Immerse yourself in history with a guided tour. Knowledgeable guides share stories and take you deeper into the lore and history of this renown property. For an extra twist, see if you recognize any of the famous bands who once performed at the Castle.
Learn about our Castle Membership to get even more!