The 1918 Cellars Wine Tasting Room at Castle Farms, featuring tasting, glass, and bottle purchases of our own label of Michigan-produced wines.
The 1918 Cellars Wine Tasting Room is located in the Queen’s Tavern of Castle Farms, with both indoor seating and outdoor seating available. The Tavern features a barn wood ceiling built in the 1960s and a herringbone-pattern floor with tiles dating back to the original 1918 construction. Combined with the original stonework, these historical accents create a completely unique experience for wine tasting.
Regular Tasting Room Hours
August Special Hours
Monday, September 16 – 11:00am-2:00pm
Friday, September 20 – 11:00am-5:00pm
Sunday, September 22 – 11:00am-3:00pm
Friday, September 27 – 11:00am-5:00pm
Sunday, September 29 – 11:00am-4:00pm
Our Wine Selections
- Visionary – Celebrate the visionaries in your life and the special occasions! With balanced acidity and not too much sweetness, this sparkling wine is dedicated to the visionaries who have made Castle Farms what it is today – the past and present owners, the builders and renovators, the team members and our wedding couples!
- Reflection –A brut style sparkling wine, Reflection is dry yet fruit forward, bringing out cherry on the nose and orange flavors on the finish. This wine pairs well with taking a moment to stop and reflect on all that surrounds you – the sights, the feelings, and the memories.
- Sauvignon Blanc – Bright, crisp, and delicious are what we use to describe our Sauvignon Blanc. This dry white wine carries citrus notes, making it light and vibrant.
- Chardonnay – Deep conversations and a home cooked meal are the perfect accompaniments to this traditional white. Our Chardonnay offers pleasant aromas of apple and lemon with a well integrated balance of oak on the finish.
- Rosé – A dry Syrah rosé with bright notes of cherry and lemon, this wine is sure to please the palette. It is well-rounded and something that can be enjoyed any time of the year, and the pale pink hue is just as beautiful as the taste.
- Birch Lake White – Named in honor of our Birch Lake at Castle Farms, this white wine blend is pleasant and easy to drink. With subtle fruit and mild floral characteristics, this Michigan grown and produced wine will please the senses and finish smoothly.
- Riesling – Northern Michigan’s star grape, Riesling is eminently drinkable. This late-harvest style of Riesling is not too tart and perfectly sweet, for enjoying both on sunny summer days and when you’re in need of a warm-up in the winter months.
- Pinot Noir – Along the lines of a traditional Pinot Noir, this wine is light bodied and carries subtle spicy aromas. Red fruits follow through on the nose and palate, making this a lovely red selection to enjoy year-round.
- Serenity Red – This Michigan grown and produced red blend is truly a palate pleaser. Named after our Serenity Garden at Castle Farms, it is a calm red wine. Dry, smooth, and fruit forward, we encourage traditional white wine drinkers to give this a try, and we think red wine drinkers will be satisfied!
- Stonemason – Grab a blanket, curl up with your favorite novel and enjoy a glass of this dry red blend. A combination of Merlot and Syrah grapes, and titled to match the boldness of the stone masons who built Castle Farms, this wine has a smooth mouth feel and a slight touch of chocolate notes.
- Hard Ciders: – Cinnamon Cider and Cherry Cider